DVLA Contact Number

Calls cost £1.53 per call plus network extras.

The information/number you require can be found free of charge from Gov.uk.


The following questions and answers are intended to make it easy for users of this website to find quick answers to DVLA’s stated advice to some of the most common asked questions. We hope this helps.

How do I write to the DVLA about my Drivers’ Licence?

Just write to the Correspondence Team, DVLA, SA6 7JL.

How do I write to the DVLA about my Vehicle?

Just write to Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, SA99 1AR.

Replacing Lost or Damaged MOT Certificates

If you have lost or damaged your MOT certificate, you can obtain a duplicate from any MOT Testing Station.
You’ll need to provide the vehicle registration mark and either the original MOT test number or document reference number, shown on the V5C registration certificate issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

UnLicenced or SORN Vehicles

When SORN has been declared for a vehicle the registered keeper must ensure that it will not be used or kept on a public road until a new licence has been taken out. The declaration will be valid for 12 months unless the vehicle is re-licensed, sold, permanently exported or scrapped.
Remember you should not declare SORN if the vehicle has been sold, permanently exported or scrapped.
When you have completed the declaration, a SORN confirmation letter will be sent to the registered keeper’s address currently held by DVLA and should arrive in the post within 4 weeks.

What should you do if you haven’t received your tax disc?

You have a grace period of five days from when your current tax disc expires to the time when your new tax disc must be displayed. During this five day period you should continue to display your expired tax disc as usual. If you haven’t recieved your tax disc and 5 working days have passed since you paid for it the you should get in touch with the DVLA. They are open between 8:00 am and 8:30 pm from Monday until Friday and from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm on saturday. Call their Tax number and make sure that you have your reference number handy. The reference number is a number that you can find on your V11 renewal reminder in a yellow box.

Can you change your address online with the DVLA?

The short answer is no. If you want to change your address, you must fill in your new address on section six of your registration certificate and send it to the following address:

DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BA

Users of our service must be at least 18 years old and have the permission of the bill payer. Calls from BT landlines are charged at £1.53 per call. Calls from mobiles and other networks may cost considerably more.

We offer a call connection service, which means you are dialling one of our 09 phone numbers that will appear on your bill, and not the number of the government organisation. This number connects you through to the government department you wish to speak to.

If you find yourself in a queue or disconnected for any reason please call back on the number announced on your call. Alternatively, the contact number can be found on the required organisations website. We are not associated, nor affiliated with any government organisation, but act simply as a cost effective call connection service.