DVLA Contact Number

Call Our Directory Enquiry Service

Tel: 0904 250 7589

Please note that the information that we provide can be found without charge by searching yourself within the public domain.

This is a directory service and calls cost a fixed £1.53 from a BT landline.

This service is intended for those people who do not have the time or the wish to search for telephone numbers and for those people that find it difficult to navigate the Internet.

Our service provides a quick and efficient method for contacting those customer service departments whose numbers are often hard to obtain. We can provide these for your with ease and save you both time & frustration.


The following questions and answers are intended to make it easy for users of this website to find quick answers to DVLA’s stated advice to some of the most common asked questions. We hope this helps.

How do I write to the DVLA about my Drivers’ Licence?

Just write to the Correspondence Team, DVLA, SA6 7JL.

How do I write to the DVLA about my Vehicle?

Just write to Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, SA99 1AR.

Replacing Lost or Damaged MOT Certificates

If you have lost or damaged your MOT certificate, you can obtain a duplicate from any MOT Testing Station.
You’ll need to provide the vehicle registration mark and either the original MOT test number or document reference number, shown on the V5C registration certificate issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

UnLicenced or SORN Vehicles

When SORN has been declared for a vehicle the registered keeper must ensure that it will not be used or kept on a public road until a new licence has been taken out. The declaration will be valid for 12 months unless the vehicle is re-licensed, sold, permanently exported or scrapped.
Remember you should not declare SORN if the vehicle has been sold, permanently exported or scrapped.
When you have completed the declaration, a SORN confirmation letter will be sent to the registered keeper’s address currently held by DVLA and should arrive in the post within 4 weeks.

What should you do if you haven’t received your tax disc?

You have a grace period of five days from when your current tax disc expires to the time when your new tax disc must be displayed. During this five day period you should continue to display your expired tax disc as usual. If you haven’t recieved your tax disc and 5 working days have passed since you paid for it the you should get in touch with the DVLA. They are open between 8:00 am and 8:30 pm from Monday until Friday and from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm on saturday. Call their Tax number and make sure that you have your reference number handy. The reference number is a number that you can find on your V11 renewal reminder in a yellow box.

Can you change your address online with the DVLA?

The short answer is no. If you want to change your address, you must fill in your new address on section six of your registration certificate and send it to the following address:

DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BA

All callers must be over 18 to use this service and must have the bill payer’s permission before entering this service. Calls cost £1.53 per text. calls from other networks may vary and calls from mobiles may cost considerably more. For full service terms and condition goto http://dvlaguide.co.uk/index.php/site/terms_of_use.